Converted Toyota Previa - camper and car
||13th October 2009
Sorry, this classified has been discontinued, take a look at our other classifieds in the Campervans & Motorhomes
This van is a similar setup to a Wicked Camper but without all the rubbish sprayed on the side, in much better condition, and will cost you less than what it would to hire one for 2 months.
Its a fully converted Toyota Previa, 1996 MOT till May, only 107k miles, automatic, petrol, comes with all you need to get on the road and travel Europe:
- 5 seater, back seats fold flat and large double bed lays out. the last person was over 6 foot and slept really comfortably in this with his girlfriend for 3 months
- Self -nflating double mattress and single mattress
- 2 burner camping stove with gas bottle
- All the pots, pans, cutlery, washing tub, dustpan etc you will need
- Curtains which close all the way around - you can sleep discreetly ANYWHERE in this van and no-one bats an eyelid as it doesn't look like a camper from the outside
- 2 massive aluminium draws which pull out from the back to store all your food and the pots and pans
- Large aluminuim table which pulls out from the back (with adjustable fold down legs for uneven ground)
- Another erectable aluminium table
- Windbreaker for extra privacy in campsites
- 3 x camping chairs plus one folding seat
- Alarm, immobiliser, central locking
- Steering wheel/pedal club-lock
- Brand new super battery installed in June this year, plus brand new brake pads installed in May this year
- Triple power adaptor for cigarettle lighter, plus car charger for the ipod
- Tomtom GPS with Western Europe maps - only 3 months old
- Brand new tent for 2 people - never been opened
- 2 Europe on a Shoestring books
Runs an absolute dream - we travelled all the way around Europe in it and didn't have a single problem! Toyota engines are generally bulletproof. Very easy to drive and lots of space.
You could not possibly travel Europe or the UK cheaper than you can in this van. Because it does not look like a camper from the outside and it has full curtains, you can sleep anywhere or in campsites if you prefer. Perfect for a couple or you could travel with up to 5 people, especially with the tent in the back.
It is classified as a 'car' for ferry crossings, tolls and campsite purposes so you save an absolute packet over having a camper van. Also because it is low in height you can get under height restriction bars which prevent many camper vans from getting to the good free camping spots in Europe. Much more economical on fuel than a big, heavy camper van.
We bought this van only back in June from another Aussie couple who had also bought it from another Aussie couple (who did the conversion). Prior to that it had been sitting with an elderly Jersey gent for 11 years, hence the low miles. It has a few small bumps and bruises, but hey saves you pulling your hair out when you put a scratch or two on it!
We are keen to see it go to people who will get as much enjoyment out of it as we have.
It is currently stored with my relatives down in Guildford, Surrey. Alls she needs to get back on the road is tax after November ($99 for 6 months). And of course you will have to find insurance.
We are looking for £1600, but we are also willing to negotiate. We're also looking to sell within the next week so if you are interested it'd be great to hear from you soon! Cheers